I just got home from Mall of Asia. I was with BBB and NJ. I’ll talk about it later but first… what happened yesterday(dec6).The last time Lawrence(a gay friend working in Doha) and I had a conversation was two months ago. Right before he embarked on his European tour with his Jordanian boyfriend. He was telling me about his boyfriend’s mood swings and how he liked arguments that sometimes ended with Lawrence getting hurt, emotionally. And probably physically, too. But he wouldn’t say. The guy was really hot. And they looked good together in pictures. They both seemed happy. But with the way things were going I knew that it would only be a matter of time before Lawrence will drag his own ass back to Manila and unwind. He always does that when he breaks up with a boyfriend.
Yesterday morning, Edz texted me saying that Lawrence arrived the day before and staying with our good friend Rhina. We were going out for the night. So after NSTP class I asked Maine to go with me to robplace to help me choose a cardigan. I was thinking of wearing my silver shirt that I’ve never worn before. And I thought a black cardigan will go nicely with it. But instead, I ended up buying a button down shirt in red and a red tie at Topman. We had a quick dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Maine really loves Mexican food.
I took a cab to Edz’ place in Legazpi Village and got there around 9pm. From there, we walked to Masas in Greenbelt 2 where we will meet Lawrence and the guys. Lawrence came with Rhina, the couples Marlon and Karen, and Karen’s cousin Jun and his girlfriend. We had great talks over dinner. Lawrence didn’t tell much about the break up. Because there wasn’t really that much to tell. He just said that next time, he won’t go with younger guys anymore. NAMEMERA daw hahahaha. He handed his digicam and we browsed at the hundreds of pics they took in Greece. Damn, they looked so happy. Edz was in the hotseat. Because of her appearance in the tv series Betty Lafea, and the 3-year contract she signed with a modeling agency. Madz arrived with her newly rebounded hair and the conversation shifted to girly things.We only had a round of beer after dinner. Apparently, Rhina and Lawrence went out the night before and got really drunk. He wasn’t able to contact any of us because he lost his phone at the airport in Doha. So when he arrived in manila, he had to connect to the internet and hoped that at least one of us was online. Lucky enough for him, Rhina was. So she picked him up at the airport. Marlon and Karen took off early ‘cause they had to go to work 4 in the morning. Lawrence invited us to go to Baguio for three days, leaving on Monday. All of them said yes, except for me and Edz. We still have to think about it because we also have to prepare for the prelims that will be given next week. Jun and his girlfriend took off with Rhina and Lawrence around 1am. Edz and Madz didn’t want to go home yet so we transferred to Malate. The Philippine Pride celebration was being held. the streets were insanely crowded as usual. the bars were really full. But we found a table at Silya where we stayed till past 4am. Madz asked about the ‘thing’ that happened to Edz and her husband lately. Edz unenthusiastically told the story one more time. After Madz gave her opinion on the matter, Edz asked me about NJ. I told her everything that has happened for the last couple of weeks, and all she said was, maybe he’s too young for you. But that was just her being nice. So Madz said it. ‘Yes Yj, you’re old. Not for him. You’re just old.’ Eksenadorang palaka! Right before we went home. Two guys occupied the table in front of us. The one in green shirt sat facing me. They didn’t look like an item to me. Just two young friends probably looking for fun. He would stare at me from time to time. Then the boy tagging my shoulder asking me to buy one of his merchandises on his hand. One was a plastic bonsai plant in a plastic pot, and the other a woodcraft. I dismissed him saying I didn’t have any money. So he went to the table in front of us. He tried to make a sale with the two friends. He got so pushy that he even sat in one of the two vacant chairs. Then the guy in green shirt took the bonsai plant and the woodcraft with his hands and waived at me.
Green guy: Bilhin mo na to. Sabay angat ng bonsai plant.
Me: No, d ko naman kailangan yan eh. Sabay ngiti.
Green guy: Eto. Sabay angat sa woodcraft.
Me: D ko rin kailangan eh. Binitawan niya pareho yung paninda ng bata at tinuro ang sarili niya.
Green guy: Ako nalang. Sabay ngiti at kindat.
Madz: Hoy bakla. Booking na yan. Iuwi mo na. Cute naman eh.
Me: Masyadong bata. Ikaw na nga may sabi d ba? Matanda na ako. Umuwi na nga tayo. Tumayo na ako at nginitian ko nalang siya. Next time. Kung may next time pa.
Maybe Madz was right. I’m too old for this stupid things that only high school students should be dealing with. But at least I don’t look my age. Otherwise a guy as young and cute as the guy in green wouldn’t even bother.
No comments:
Post a Comment