‘Crazy for you… touch me once and you know it’s true….’Yesterday was uneventful. I slept till noon and spent the rest of the day reading Homer’s The Iliad for my mythology and folklore subject.
Today(nov24), I woke up around 6am. Showered, dressed up, then had breakfast with my sister and lola. The maid hasn’t arrived yet. I was expecting her last Friday. I always leave home an hour before my first subject, but today, I didn’t anticipate the traffic would be that heavy. The fx got stuck for almost thirty minutes in Pureza. These are the times na isusumpa mo talaga ang gobyerno ni Gloria. Kaloka talaga. My physical science professor was already in the room when I got there. Good thing she hasn’t started the discussion yet. Social arts was my next subject with most of the TL girls. The prof talked about the basic foundations of a relationship. Trust, Loyalty, Sincerity, Acceptace, and Affection. She gave them in that particular order. If it was up to me, Acceptance would have been next to Trust. Not that my opinion matters anyhow. Maine, Asia, Cinder, LA, NJ and I went to mcdonalds for lunch. We had great laughs. Especially Maine and I, when we were reliving our most favorite Friends episodes. But none of the others could relate to what we were talking about ‘cause not one of them was into the series. I told them I’d lend them my DVDs if they ever want to watch it. I saw my sister with her friends on the other table and we exchanged hand waves. All of us were done with our classes so the girls took off to meet EllaB somewhere. NJ and I went back to school. I returned the Homer book in the library then accompanied NJ at the accounting office to get his refund from the subject he dropped ten days ago. But he was told the money will be released on the 27th. He was actually thinking he could go to Glorrieta and buy the shoes he’d seen two days ago at the shoe salon. So we went to T-spot to hang out for a while. Lou was there coloring some of his artworks for his major, Pre-school. I love the Pre-school guys, they’re really artistic. Unlike me. Lou introduced us to this really cute guy named Clarence. Apparently, he’s the nursing student that Lou has been dating for quite sometime now. Lou told us that Clarence has a twin brother. I asked Clarence if they’re identical, he smiled and nodded. He’s really charming. I can understand now why Lou’s so into him. Jhay arrived, then Cinder, followed by Puff who spent a lot of time in the library surfing the net. NJ told them how pissed off he was for not getting his refund. He really wanted to buy the shoes today. Cinder had extra money so he gave it to NJ before she went to her class. NJ asked me to go with him to glorrieta. Then it rained.
So we waited for the rain to stop. Clarence’s twin brother arrived and Lou introduced us, but I didn’t get the name. He was, if possible even more beautiful than Clarence. Or maybe it was just the hair, he wore it in a more trendy manner, spikey. ‘Can you just imagine what they could do to each other for fun?’ I whispered to NJ. He laughed but gave me this rather disturbing look, ‘you’re crazy, you know that?!’ I laughed. Maybe I am crazy. The rain stopped. We took a cab, and all the way to Makati, we listened to his cousin’s french lullabies in his i-pod. He talked about his 2-year old cousin, who is half-french and how he speaks Tagalog with his yaya, english with his mom, and french with his dad. I once saw a picture of the boy, really angelic. NJ’s proudest when he talks about his family. We went straight to shoe salon. The shoes’ design was identical to the hellboy except for the color. It was plain white except for the blue stripes. It was so him. Had its stripes been red I would have bought it for myself. He was so happy when we left the store. Window shopping. Boutique after boutique. Rustan’s. Luxury items for the luxurious people. For NJ maybe. Not for me. Times have changed. I’m poor now. But maybe not for long, hah! We got hungry. NJ said he’d treat me. I missed onion rings. Burger king. While he was in the counter, I opened his shoe-box and took the adidas logo bronze-finished keychain that came with the shoes. I attached it in my bag’s zip. He then came with a tray full of food. Chicken sandwiches. Iced tea. Onion rings. We talked of random stuff. Nonsense things. We went to national bookstore to get some plastic covers and tapes. We dropped by the comfort room before heading to the taxi stand. I carried all his stuff while he was in the CR. Then he took all the stuff so I could go pee. We took a cab back to their dorm. We talked about our plan of enrolling at the Loreal Hair academy in Ortigas this summer. Just for fun. Since we love styling hair. We talked until the conversation shifted to his girlfriend. The legitimate and official one. The Beda girl. I told him that I find her pretty and she seems nice. He answered yes, she’s really nice and that he couldn’t ask for more. So I asked him how come then he’s cheating on her? He told me he couldn’t answer that. Not jus now. And I thought I was already fucked up. Kaloka. We dropped his things in the dorm where Cinder was busy studying. At least she looked busy. NJ and I walked to Nagtahan where he will take a ride to Divisoria to get his clothes for the week from his mom’s store, and where I will take the fx home. I noticed the keychain missing from my bag's zip. 'NJ, where is my new keychain?' ' Haha, i got it back when you were in the comfort room. Kala mo ha!' 'Kainis ka!'It started to rain again, just showers. So NJ opened his umbrella. We tried to make ourselves fit under it. He started singing, I’m crazy for you, touch me once and you know it’s true…
‘Really,’ I asked condescendingly.
He just laughed. I held his arm and we continued walking. Stupid I know, but please let me enjoy this. Kahit sandali lang.
artwork by Steve Walker
No comments:
Post a Comment