Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lovelife according to Raff....

Yesterday(Tuesday,nov25) started with Raphael. I was early in school, so I had breakfast at T-spot. Raphael was an hour early too. He was bragging about having to go on a duty at the library today. Raphael is taking up Library Science. He is special. At first glance, you couldn’t really tell. Untill he speaks. He always carry this child-like manner with him. Like Hector(another special student), he seems always happy. As if nothing bothers him. He took something out of his bag and showed it to me. It was his name written vertically on a piece of paper. Adjacent every letter was a word(supposedly describing his personality) starting with that particular letter. I only remember E-early, and L-lovelife. Clearly, early because he’s never late. I asked why lovelife? He said, because he’s lovelife is going alright. With Kyla (one of my classmates). I had to laugh. He did too. I asked him if he told Kyla of his feelings yet. He gave me this surprised look as if what I said just happened, and mouthed a big ‘NO’. ‘I’m just happy. I’m seeing more of her now,’ he added. Okay. I went to my first subject. I was done with classes by 2:30pm. I was hanging out with the TLs who were on break at T-spot. NJ asked who wanted to watch a movie in their dorm. Honey and I went with him. We dropped by the flea market in Malacanang. I told NJ I was hungry and I wanted to eat ‘bibingka’. Asia and EllaB told me about a booth that sold the best they ever had. There were two bibingka stores. NJ told me he baught from the one farther from us and it didn’t taste that good, so it had to be the other one. I didn’t have any money left so NJ baught it for me. He baught some ‘puto-bombom’ (or is it ‘bongbong’?) for Honey. We passed by a siomai store and he baught some pork siomai and sharkfin dumplings, and a glass of gulaman that we drunk on our way. The bibingka was really good, it somehow tasted like lecheflan, weird but in a good way. Honey browsed through the dvds that NJ compiled in a ziplocked rectangular case. She couldn’t decide so I helped her. Centerstage. NJ told me it’s Cinder’s favorite movie. Uhm, okay. NJ got rid of his white uniform and put on a dark blue sleeveless undershirt. He looked like sex on a stick. Really HAWT! He sat on the futon, legs streched and back on the wall. Honey sat indian-style near the TV. I put a pillow over NJ’s crotch and I lied down, head on the pillow. Half an hour passed and NJ’s back was starting to hurt so we switched. I sat and he lied down, his head on my legs. He threw me his hand so I could massage his left palm that was a little sore. Then his right hand. Once in a while, Honey would look at us and smile condescendingly. NJ and I would give her the ‘What?’ look. It was 5pm when Honey remembered she had choir practice. She got up and rushed us. Nj put on his unform back. He decided to go to Divisoria and get food allowance from his mom. We ran into Cinder outside. She went to the airport to bid her mom goodbye. I think her mom took of for Bahrain. She said she’ll just drop her things at the dorm and go grab dinner. We were already in front of the school when NJ’s mom texted him that she closed the store early. Nj didn’t want to go home to Paranaque, so he went back to the dorm. Honey headed to her practice. I walked to Legarda to catch an fx home. Traffic was really heavy, so the driver turned left to Mendiola. I saw NJ and Cinder walking, heading to Nagtahan, surely for dinner. I started to wonder, what if i never had the chance to get close to NJ? Will it be easier loving someone from afar? Like Raphael, and his secret love for Kyla. I should talk to Raphael more.

Another day in TL landia.

1 comment:

Luis Batchoy said...

My heart breaks when people ostracize special children. I want to learn sign language too. I wanna couple it with my legal training and serve as court interpreter for the differently abled. Madaming ganito ang nakukulong dahil nga walang masyadong interpreter na nakakapag serve para sa kanila pag nag tetestimony sila.